How should we live? Learn how to think. Romans 6 and the faith of the centurion teach us this. 2 homilies.

  • Seraphim Holland
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 2, 2012
      Synopsis: Romans Chapter Six is one of the most important chapters of the New
      Testament. It teaches just about everything that is important: about the effect
      of the incarnation, baptism, the purpose of life and how to accomplish it, and
      also something that is very important: how to think about sin. To sin, pure and
      simple, is to become a slave to unrighteousness, and the end of such things is
      death. We must learn to consider ourselves slaves to righteousness. It is one
      ... or the other. How can we learn to think AND act in this way?

      Synopsis: The Lord commended the faith of the centurion who had a sick servant.
      We must live our life the way he lived his, or we will not have faith. The
      centurion teaches us that faith will not exist without profound humility and
      obedience, and wonder of wonders, the more humble we become, the more bold and
      confident we will be in prayer. If you lack faith, attention or assurance in
      prayer, or God in any ways feels distant to you, you absolutely, positively must
      learn to have the faith of the centurion.

      You may view the latest post at
      http://orthodox.net/redeemingthetime/2012/07/02/how-should-we-live-learn-how-to-think-romans-6-and-the-faith-of-the-centurion-teach-us-this-2-homilies/

      --
      Priest Seraphim Holland