Re: [orthodox-rocor] Re: The fast isn't hard. Sin is hard...

  • Rudolph Carrera
    Message 1 of 15 , Mar 1, 2012
      It's posts like this, good wisdom given with a gentle heart by a collection of good men, that has kept me on this mailing list.  I have to take in a lot of protein after having a major surgery.  One can do far worse than egg whites, and they mix relatively well with spinach.  It's not the best eating, but it's allowed me to recover from my wounds rather quickly.

      Best,

      Rudy

      On Thu, Mar 1, 2012 at 3:02 AM, jsbaglien <jbaglien@...> wrote:

      I am much of Fr. Seraphim's opinion. To his point, "Do not eat for pleasure - eat as if food is medicine", I sometimes bless the use of pasteurized egg white to meet such medical needs. My rationale for this particular recommendation is twofold. First, it is a source of complete, high quality protein, which can be consumed in a number of ways. Second, there is little pleasure in consuming it in any form, and so it's not much of a temptation for anyone else in the family to see someone else having it, as would be the case with 'regular' non-Lenten food.

      Priest James Baglien

      --
      Regards,

      Rudy Carrera
      Los Angeles, California, USA - Skopje, Macedonia - Naples, Italy
      http://clcx.org/
      http://steinblom.info/
      http://rudycarrera.com/
      http://amiscellany.info/