Re: [orthodox-rocor] Sunday of All Saints of Great Britain and Ireland - 3 July 2011

  • Fr Tryphon
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 27, 2011
      I would be grateful as well!
      Abbot Tryphon

      On Mon, Jun 27, 2011 at 10:08 AM, Ryan Thompson <ryan_mpls75@...> wrote:

      Dear Fathers,

      If anyone on this list is able to share the service in both Slavonic and English, I would be greatly indebted. It would be a blessing to celebrate the feast of All Saints of Great Britain and Ireland in one of our local parishes.

      Sincerely,

      Rdr. Tikhon

      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 27, 2011

        Vigil Service to All Saints of the Isles
        http://orthodoxengland.org.uk/servasob.htm

        This is the English Service chanted in Great Britian and Ireland with the blessing of His Eminence Archbishop Mark of Germany and Great Britain

        -oOo-

        I have placed four other liturgical texts in the Files of the ROCOR clergy
        list list which may be useful for any parishes with a blessing from their
        hierarch to observe this Feastday next Sunday.

        1.  All Saints of Britain Vigil (in English), composed in 1976 with the
        blessing of Archbishop Anthony of Geneva

        2.  The Canon (in Russian) from the above Vigil
        http://portal-credo.ru/site/?act=news&id=34968&cf

        3.  An alternative Canon (in English) composed by Archimandrite David of
        Walsingham (Moscow Patriarchate) and used in the UK Diocese with the
        blessing of Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

        4. Another Vigil Service (in English) by, I think, Fr Andrew Philips of
        Felixstowe which appears to be based on the 1976 version.

        I can pull these texts out of the files of the clergy list if you want
        them.

        Fr Ambrose

[...]

        ________
        Hierom.Ambrose