Re: [orthodox-rocor] Sunday of All Saints of Great Britain and Ireland - 3 July 2011

  • Ryan Thompson
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 27, 2011
      Dear Fathers,

      If anyone on this list is able to share the service in both Slavonic and English, I would be greatly indebted. It would be a blessing to celebrate the feast of All Saints of Great Britain and Ireland in one of our local parishes.

      Sincerely,

      Rdr. Tikhon

[...]

        ________
        Hierom.Ambrose

        -oOo-

        -
        -

        --

      • ambrois@xtra.co.nz
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 27, 2011

          Vigil Service to All Saints of the Isles
          http://orthodoxengland.org.uk/servasob.htm

          This is the English Service chanted in Great Britian and Ireland with the blessing of His Eminence Archbishop Mark of Germany and Great Britain

          -oOo-

          I have placed four other liturgical texts in the Files of the ROCOR clergy
          list list which may be useful for any parishes with a blessing from their
          hierarch to observe this Feastday next Sunday.

          1.  All Saints of Britain Vigil (in English), composed in 1976 with the
          blessing of Archbishop Anthony of Geneva

          2.  The Canon (in Russian) from the above Vigil
          http://portal-credo.ru/site/?act=news&id=34968&cf

          3.  An alternative Canon (in English) composed by Archimandrite David of
          Walsingham (Moscow Patriarchate) and used in the UK Diocese with the
          blessing of Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

          4. Another Vigil Service (in English) by, I think, Fr Andrew Philips of
          Felixstowe which appears to be based on the 1976 version.

          I can pull these texts out of the files of the clergy list if you want
          them.

          Fr Ambrose