Greetings from Tasmania

  • subdeacondavid@y7mail.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 1, 2011
      I am new to this forum. My name is Subdeacon David Gould, from the Hobart parish of ROCOR, Church of the Exaltation of the Holy Cross. Our parish has no resident priest, and our Rector is the Vicar-General, Mitred Archpriest Dr. Michael Protopopov who received me into the Russian Church back in 1978. I come from the Anglican Church.

      Our parish has a priest visit every 6-7 weeks, and we have simple Vespers and the Liturgy - Russian and Serbian priests. Our congregation is perhaps 30% Russian, 60% Serb and 10% converts and others.On Sundays and some feast days we have hours/typika.

      Please pray for our parish, for me commencing theological studies from the Chicago Diocesan distance education school, in September, for my wife Katrina who has cancer treatment underway, and for a priest for our parish. I have a blog sharing some o the wisdom that i pick up along the journey at http://orthodoxtasmania.blogspot.com/

      Subdeacon David
      Exaltation of the Holy Cross Church Hobart.
    • Valarie Percy
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 2, 2011
        Greetings David!

        I will especially pray for Katrina!