From Worse to Worser.

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2010
      The appeal below is now even more urgent. The soil tests on our driveway area came back, and it is going to require more to meet the requirements of the fire marshall than we thought. Instead $9,000.00 in unforeseen costs, it is not just a bit less than $20,000.00... which as mentioned before is in addition to the $14,553.27 short fall in our building fund.

      For those of you who have never been to our Church, and so may not realize how long of a driveway we have, go to this http://www.saintjonah.org/directions.html link, switch to satellite mode, and zoom in.

      If you can help, please do. You can effectively double your contribution by making a matching donation.

      --- In orthodox-rocor@yahoogroups.com, "Fr. John Whiteford" <frjohnwhiteford@...> wrote:

      > The bad news is that when we add up all the known bills we will be paying in relation to the new building, we are $14,553.27 over the amounts actually received to date in the building fund.  The worse news is that we are going to have to spend an additional $9,000.00 to pay the expansion of our driveway to satisfy the fire marshal.  The good news is that we have an anonymous donor who has pledged a $15,000.00 matching donation.  And so if you would like to match that donation, and double your donation, please donate the our building fund by sending a check to:
      >
      > St. Jonah Orthodox Church
      > P.O. Box 1427
      > Spring, Texas 77383
      >
      > Or you can donate online by clicking the yellow donate button at the top of this page:
      >
      > http://www.saintjonah.org/help.htm
      >
      > You can also see pictures of the building progress here:
      >
      > http://www.saintjonah.org/buildingproject/Building_Project_Progress/Building_Project.html

      Presbyter John Whiteford
      St. Jonah Orthodox Church
      Blog: http://fatherjohn.blogspot.com/