Re: Spanking

  • ikonsareholy
    Message 1 of 7 , May 12, 2010
      *Xenos* Well Fr.John I am for a spanking. I think its aburd for some in our society to equate it w/extreme physical abuse. But then we wonder when spanking is not done the children get brave, don't listen & frankly are a pain to all that have to bear the lack of parental discipline.*
      **Now that said I was not the model child. I was excitable at times, had to be watched over sugar(was addicted to it), bothered my sister (like any good little brother should). I was spanked, grounded for life I don't recall how many times, in the corner, lost all priveleges, ate a ton of soap(after a while it doesn't taste so bad) after my many adventures(getting spanked after my & a friend badly constructed boat/raft sank in a marsh was funny as we stunk from the marsh that we had to take a outside hose shower before getting spanked)I knew when I did something I was gonna pay for it. In fact looking back that may have helped me not be worse than I was. Of course my mother still calls me sarcastic, rude, ingrate, etc(of course thats when I am listening, not sure what else she calls me)& I must say I was surprised my sister asked me to babysit my nephews & neices(they think I am a great uncle)after I bothered her endlessly from age 3-15(she is 3 years older & got a reprieve by turning 18). But hey the spankings weren't so bad.
      **Of course I still feel bad the time Istuck my tongue at a priest's 7 year daughter after services. The little girl of course returned my insult. Her mother caught her only. So she got stuck in the corner after a swift 2 spank to the rear. I felt bad so I stood next to her & told the priest & his wife why. Maybe I will grow up someday?
      In Christ
      Xenos Mann