Re: [orthodox-rocor] Re: Haiti Mission

  • morechoff@aol.com
    Message 1 of 31 , Jan 17, 2010
      Sorry but yes, it seems to me to very unchristian to me as well.  Many of the people under Met. Agafangel in Haiti have no idea who he is or that they are in schism and what all that means. They are just trying to be good Orthodox Christians the best they can.

      Lets put our differences away for a bit and help all those Orthodox (and none Orthodox) in need in Haiti. There is much suffering in Haiti today by all. It is all very sad.  I cannot see how God would punish people trying to help others no matter what religion they are.

      From what I have read on the internet all three Orthodox priests in Haiti have been accounted for and are all alive.

      From: frvictor@comcast. net <frvictor@comcast. net>
      To: orthodox-rocor@ yahoogroups. com
      Date: Saturday, January 16, 2010, 4:52 PM

      Of course one can, and must, help those suffering outside the Church, including those who are unknowingly in schism. However, Fr. John, and myself, would be negligent in our pastoral duty if we fail to note that it would be totally improper to do so through a schismatic organization. Better to give to secular organizations then to any mission under monk Agafangel. By offering financial support to a schismatic organization, no matter how benevolent the intentions, you are aiding an organization that is leading people into Hell, where the eternal suffering will be worse that any earthly calamity.
      One may disagree, that is your choice, but Father John Whiteford is 100 percent correct on this.
      With love in Christ,
      Priest Victor Boldewskul
      Message 31 of 31 , Jan 23, 2010
        Update from Fr. Matthew Williams from Haiti, along with some photos.