Re: [orthodox-rocor] Re: Haiti Mission

    Message 1 of 31 , Jan 17, 2010
      On Sun, Jan 17, 2010 at 7:54 PM, Adamiak Family <familyorthodox@...> wrote:

      Wow, where is the love of Christ is this mindset?  Lord Jesus Christ have mercy on us.  Aleksandra Adamiak

      It's there.  Don't forget that priests have different obligations from the rest of us -- not only are they charged with showing the love of Christ, which is illustrated when Fr. Victor says, "Of course one can, and must, help those suffering outside the Church, including those who are unknowingly in schism."  But a priest is also charged with safeguarding the Church from those who would do her harm, and when schismatics are allowed to roam unchecked through the flock, they are truly like "wolves in sheep's clothing," leading the unthinking and trusting sheep astray.

      That said, I've never seen any ovine creature that was all that trusting.  Usually, trying to lead them into something they don't understand is like pulling teeth.  If only our rational sheep were like the animals!

      In Christ,
      Meg

      Message 31 of 31 , Jan 23, 2010
        Update from Fr. Matthew Williams from Haiti, along with some photos.

        http://orthodoxhaiti.org/