12830Re: [orthodox-rocor] Re: Sticharion during communion

  • John Billo
    Apr 22, 2013
      Are you sure he was tonsured an acolyte?  I am not aware of that practice in this era.  I was tonsured a reader about 10 years ago even though I was basically an acolyte. The tonsuring done in my parish since then has been done to the rank of reader even if they are children serving in the altar.  I was given a certificate at the time, and I believe it says the rank.  I 'll have to check it.
      In Christ,
      John Billo
      Holy Trinity GOC, Nashville

      On Sun, Apr 21, 2013 at 4:14 PM, James Boubonis <jokubas60@...> wrote:

      My son was tonsured as an acolyte by Metropolitan Methodios of Boston, in the 1990s, at a time when we were attending a Greek Orthodox parish. Even if ROCOR bishops do not tonsure acolytes, since this tonsuring was performed by a canonical bishop, does this not then mean that, if my son served as an acolyte at a ROCOR church, he should continue to wear the sticharion while taking Communion?
      James Boubonis
      Suisun City, CA

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic