Re: [orthodox-readers] Re: Cassocks

  • Brian Fink
    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 5 12:17 PM
      If at all possible, try and get someone who knows what they are doing to measure you. My cassock for seminary was made down the road at a convent. They had me come in once for an initial measuring, and then a final fitting where they mainly working the length of the cassock as I wear it at least two times a day for chapel. I didnt want it to drag while walking through a Boston winter. I suggest that you go to a men's store (Men's Warehouse is my personal favorite if you have that chain near you) and have them measure you.

      Brian

      Sdn Joseph <Joesamusn@...> wrote:
      --- In orthodox-readers@yahoogroups.com, "Michael Simon"
      <mjs5168@...> wrote:

      > Fellow Readers,
      >
      > I have a question it may sound stupid but I see soo
      many
      > different cassocks is there a specific one that i should buy or are
      > there specific ones that i can't wear or may be reserved for major
      > clergy?
      >
      > Yours in christ
      > Rdr. Mike

      Reader Mike,
      Which ever style you go with, beware of the material and the
      material of the pants you wear. The combo of the two can cause
      static. I bought an under cassock from Liturgix.com to wear when
      when I was tonsured, and while it was very nicely made, the material
      was prone to static cling. I know it sounds funny, but it was very
      irritating. Also watch the neck size, as middle age set in so did the
      extra inch in the neck. Avoiding anything distracting helps me alot.
      I was also told by someone, never to put your black cassock in the
      dryer and it will help keep it from fading. Only hang dry....5 years
      later, it's still black. Must work.
      Hope this over abundence of cassock info helps!!!!!

      in Christ,
      sdcn joseph
      Naples Italy