Pentecost Kneeling Vespers

  • Reader Michael
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 9, 2006
      I just uploaded an iterim Pentecost Kneeling Vespers to
      http://www.OrthodoxLiturgicalText.com in English and Slavonic. The only
      thing that is not in Slavonic are the Kneeling Prayers themselves. At
      the end of the service book is the Troparion in two versions of English,
      Slavonic, and Greek and on the following page is Gladsome Light in
      Slavonic. The Troparion is there in the event that you need to grab it
      fast because the choir just started singing it in one of these
      languages. Gladsome Light is there for those of us who serve on the
      altar and need the words in Slavonic.

      The Slavonic is in two different type styles. Most of the time I use
      the modern civil script but there are times when I use the old style
      script because that is the only thing that I have for those parts. I
      also uploaded the fonts that I use.

      I hope to finish the project tomorrow, but I am not sure. I have to
      attend the Greek Festival in the afternoon and Vigil in the evening.

      If I have the text, I hope to be working on the service for the Sunday
      of All Saints during the week. But I have meetings on both Monday and
      Tuesday of next week and I will be visiting another parish on Sunday.

      By the way, I am able to do this service and the Pentecost Vigil service
      only because WordPerfext X3 imports PDF files and most of my Slavonic
      sources are in PDF. I do not know of a scanner software that can scan
      the old style Cyrillic and even if I did, it would be a waste of
      valuable time right now. But I am interested for times when the only
      thing that I have is a hard copy.

      Reader Michael

      --
      Reader Michael Bishop
      PO Box 41187

      http://www.Michael-Bishop.com

      See you at the Russian Festival
      1723 Fairmount Avenue * Baltimore MD 21231
      20-22 October 2006