RE: [orthodox-readers] Was St. Tikhon's Seminary press - now the Pentecostarion

  • James Morgan
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 31, 2006
      I can send you my extra spiralbound copy of the Jordanville Horologion.

      Also, St. John of Kronstadt Press has the Pentecostarion in a trial edition
      (translated by Rdr. Isaac Lambertsen). You could email them to see if they
      have any left. They will be priniting it, I think, next year, after the
      people who got the trial edition proof read it for glitches and typos etc.
      As for others, there is only the Uniontown version (Eastern Rite Catholic)
      that I know of that is printed. May be other things on the internet, like
      anastasis.com...
      Send me your address and I'll get the Horologion to you.

      God bless!

      Rdr. James
      Olympia, WA

      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 31, 2006
        I can't help you with the HTM Pentecostarion. If I remember correctly,
        it uses more traditional English, but I can't say for sure. I think
        our Church uses it, but it is 2 hours away, so I can't easily check.
        You may want to ask on the Ustav list and you might get more responses.
        Rdr. Vyacheslav

        --- In orthodox-readers@yahoogroups.com, "natwoon" <natwoon@y...> wrote:

        > Dear Rdr. Vyacheslav and all on the list,
        >
        > Thank you for the information - I am having trouble getting the
        > Jordanville publications as there are no distributors here in
        > Malaysia.I am ablt to obtain the STS Horologion though, whicj is whay
        > I asked about it.
        >
        > Would you be familiar with the HTM edition of the Pentecostarion
        > though? I think it's the only one in print. Would you have any idea
        of
        > others that are available?
        >
        > Nathaniel

      • JAMES
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 2, 2006
          Hello, Brother in Christ.
          If you have trouble obtaining any Orthodox materials, let me know. I would be glad to help out. Here in the states we can obatin most anything, and I ship a lot of stuff out from my shop, so I can ship you whatever you need. I only ask that you cover the costs, Price+shipping
          In Christ
          -James

          "Rdr. Vyacheslav" <off2port@...> wrote:
          I can't help you with the HTM Pentecostarion. If I remember correctly,
          it uses more traditional English, but I can't say for sure. I think
          our Church uses it, but it is 2 hours away, so I can't easily check.
          You may want to ask on the Ustav list and you might get more responses.
          Rdr. Vyacheslav

          --- In orthodox-readers@yahoogroups.com, "natwoon" <natwoon@y...> wrote:

          > Dear Rdr. Vyacheslav and all on the list,
          >
          > Thank you for the information - I am having trouble getting the
          > Jordanville publications as there are no distributors here in
          > Malaysia.I am ablt to obtain the STS Horologion though, whicj is whay
          > I asked about it.
          >
          > Would you be familiar with the HTM edition of the Pentecostarion
          > though? I think it's the only one in print. Would you have any idea
          of
          > others that are available?
          >
          > Nathaniel

          ogion.htm

          ---------------------------------

          O Lord and Master of my life, cast away from me the spirit of laziness, idle curiosity, love of power and vain talk.

          But grant me, Your servant, the spirit of moderation, humility, patience and love.

          Yes, Lord and King, grant me to see my own faults and not to judge my brothers and sisters.

          For You are blessed forever. Amen.

        • natwoon
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 5, 2006
            Hi James,

            It would help if you could post your street address and email
            address.

            Many thanks,

            Nathaniel in Malaysia

            --- In orthodox-readers@yahoogroups.com, JAMES <jim_and_carmen@...>
            wrote:

            > Hello, Brother in Christ.
            > If you have trouble obtaining any Orthodox materials, let me
            know. I would be glad to help out. Here in the states we can obatin
            most anything, and I ship a lot of stuff out from my shop, so I can
            ship you whatever you need. I only ask that you cover the costs,
            Price+shipping
            > In Christ
            > -James
            >
            > "Rdr. Vyacheslav" <off2port@...> wrote:
            > I can't help you with the HTM Pentecostarion. If I remember
            correctly,
            > it uses more traditional English, but I can't say for sure. I
            think
            > our Church uses it, but it is 2 hours away, so I can't easily
            check.
            > You may want to ask on the Ustav list and you might get more
            > Rdr. Vyacheslav
            >
            > --- In orthodox-readers@yahoogroups.com, "natwoon" <natwoon@y...>
            wrote:

            > > Dear Rdr. Vyacheslav and all on the list,
            > >
            > > Thank you for the information - I am having trouble getting the
            > > Jordanville publications as there are no distributors here in
            > > Malaysia.I am ablt to obtain the STS Horologion though, whicj is
            whay
            > > I asked about it.
            > >
            > > Would you be familiar with the HTM edition of the Pentecostarion
            > > though? I think it's the only one in print. Would you have any
            idea
            > of
            > > others that are available?
            > >
            > > Nathaniel