Re: ONLINE PSALTER (CHANT) IN THE RUSSIAN TRADITION

  • Anthony Jacobs
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 2, 2005
      James,

      Would this style of chant be different from that used for other things,
      like the morning and evening prayers (like what you can hear on the
      POMOG website)? I can't say that I've heard anything other than plain
      chant used for psalms, except for the choral settings during Vespers.

      Anthony

      --- In orthodox-readers@yahoogroups.com, "jim_and_carmen"
      <jim_and_carmen@y...> wrote:

      > Anyone know of a good link for listening to the Psalter Chants in
      > English in the Style of the Russian Orthodox Church?
      > Thanks
      > -James

    • BIG DADDY
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 2, 2005
        Anthony,
        You are correct-This is plain chat- Mostly recto tono. It would be nice to listen to and read along with in the psalter though. I aspire to be a church reader someday, and would like to be well versed.
        Thanks for your response
        -James

        <jim_and_carmen@y...> wrote:

        > Anyone know of a good link for listening to the Psalter Chants in
        > English in the Style of the Russian Orthodox Church?
        > Thanks
        > -James

        ogion.htm

        Orthodox jewish single Reader Orthodox christian single Orthodox icon Jewish orthodox Orthodox

      • BIG DADDY
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 2, 2005