Re: [orthodox-readers] ONLINE PSALTER (CHANT) IN THE RUSSIAN TRADITION

  • BIG DADDY
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 19, 2005
      I will. Ive looked and looked and found very little. Psalter Chant on google gives you a bunch of Gregorian stuff and Anglican stuff nd some Byzantine stuff, which is lovely. Im interested in learning Byzantine Chant in Arabic, but Te church I attend is English in The Russian tradiation. It is a ROCOR Church.
      All myu Best
      -James

      Alex Koranda <knaz13@...> wrote:
      hey let me know if you find you
      are you with the OCA?

      Reader Alexander

      jim_and_carmen <jim_and_carmen@...> wrote:
      Anyone know of a good link for listening to the Psalter Chants in
      English in the Style of the Russian Orthodox Church?
      Thanks
      -James

      ogion.htm

      Orthodox jewish single Orthodox jewish dating Reader Orthodox christian single Orthodox icon Orthodox dating

      ogion.htm

      Orthodox jewish single Orthodox jewish dating Reader Orthodox christian single Orthodox icon Orthodox dating

    • Anthony Jacobs
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 2, 2005
        James,

        Would this style of chant be different from that used for other things,
        like the morning and evening prayers (like what you can hear on the
        POMOG website)? I can't say that I've heard anything other than plain
        chant used for psalms, except for the choral settings during Vespers.

        Anthony

        --- In orthodox-readers@yahoogroups.com, "jim_and_carmen"
        <jim_and_carmen@y...> wrote:

        > Anyone know of a good link for listening to the Psalter Chants in
        > English in the Style of the Russian Orthodox Church?
        > Thanks
        > -James

      • BIG DADDY
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 2, 2005
          Anthony,
          You are correct-This is plain chat- Mostly recto tono. It would be nice to listen to and read along with in the psalter though. I aspire to be a church reader someday, and would like to be well versed.
          Thanks for your response
          -James

          <jim_and_carmen@y...> wrote:

          > Anyone know of a good link for listening to the Psalter Chants in
          > English in the Style of the Russian Orthodox Church?
          > Thanks
          > -James

          ogion.htm

          Orthodox jewish single Reader Orthodox christian single Orthodox icon Jewish orthodox Orthodox

        • BIG DADDY
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 2, 2005