ONLINE PSALTER (CHANT) IN THE RUSSIAN TRADITION

  • jim_and_carmen
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 18, 2005
      Anyone know of a good link for listening to the Psalter Chants in
      English in the Style of the Russian Orthodox Church?
      Thanks
      -James
    • Alex Koranda
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 18, 2005
        hey let me know if you find you
        are you with the OCA?

        Reader Alexander

        jim_and_carmen <jim_and_carmen@...> wrote:
        Anyone know of a good link for listening to the Psalter Chants in
        English in the Style of the Russian Orthodox Church?
        Thanks
        -James

        ogion.htm

        Orthodox jewish single Orthodox jewish dating Reader Orthodox christian single Orthodox icon Orthodox dating

      • BIG DADDY
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 19, 2005
          I will. Ive looked and looked and found very little. Psalter Chant on google gives you a bunch of Gregorian stuff and Anglican stuff nd some Byzantine stuff, which is lovely. Im interested in learning Byzantine Chant in Arabic, but Te church I attend is English in The Russian tradiation. It is a ROCOR Church.
          All myu Best
          -James

          Alex Koranda <knaz13@...> wrote:
          hey let me know if you find you
          are you with the OCA?

          Reader Alexander

          jim_and_carmen <jim_and_carmen@...> wrote:
          Anyone know of a good link for listening to the Psalter Chants in
          English in the Style of the Russian Orthodox Church?
          Thanks
          -James

          ogion.htm

          Orthodox jewish single Orthodox jewish dating Reader Orthodox christian single Orthodox icon Orthodox dating

          ogion.htm

          Orthodox jewish single Orthodox jewish dating Reader Orthodox christian single Orthodox icon Orthodox dating

        • Anthony Jacobs
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 2, 2005
            James,

            Would this style of chant be different from that used for other things,
            like the morning and evening prayers (like what you can hear on the
            POMOG website)? I can't say that I've heard anything other than plain
            chant used for psalms, except for the choral settings during Vespers.

            Anthony

            --- In orthodox-readers@yahoogroups.com, "jim_and_carmen"
            <jim_and_carmen@y...> wrote:

            > Anyone know of a good link for listening to the Psalter Chants in
            > English in the Style of the Russian Orthodox Church?
            > Thanks
            > -James

          • BIG DADDY
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 2, 2005
              Anthony,
              You are correct-This is plain chat- Mostly recto tono. It would be nice to listen to and read along with in the psalter though. I aspire to be a church reader someday, and would like to be well versed.
              Thanks for your response
              -James

              <jim_and_carmen@y...> wrote:

              > Anyone know of a good link for listening to the Psalter Chants in
              > English in the Style of the Russian Orthodox Church?
              > Thanks
              > -James

              ogion.htm

              Orthodox jewish single Reader Orthodox christian single Orthodox icon Jewish orthodox Orthodox

            • BIG DADDY
              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 2, 2005