Typika as a Reader Service

  • ajj66046
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 25, 2002
      Father bless!

      Fellow list-members,

      I am soliciting your advice about how to conduct the Typika service
      at home on Sundays. Currently the senior reader and
      reader 'plainchant' most everything, but we would like to begin
      incorporating simple musical settings for at least some of the
      prayers. Which parts of the Typika are more appropriately chanted to
      a musical setting? Any preferences for particular musical settings
      and information about obtaining them would be appreciated. In
      particular I wonder about the use of the tone system. I would like
      to be able to implement the particular tone melody where I am able.

      I might have more detailed questions later this week after I have a
      chance to look over the Typika, and see what's available on the
      internet.

      Anthony