Orthodox Translations of the Scriptures in English

  • natwoon
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 13, 2004
      Dear all,

      Apart from the Orthodox Study Bible Project and the Orthodox New
      Testament, I have come across two more projects.I have not read
      these translations but wonder if anyone is acquainted with them. If
      you are I would be grateful if you can share what you know with me.
      I use the KJV and the RSV right now and am longing for a complete
      Orthodox translation of the Septuagint and the NT (as used in the
      Orthodox church).

      One is by a Greek Orthodox gentleman in the US, Peter Papoutsis who
      intends to translate the entire OT. The first five books of the OT
      are available and may be purchased via Amazon.

      Papousis' translation'The Holy Orthodox Bible' is said to have
      received the endorsement of Holy Transfiguration Monastery of
      Brookline, Mass. Patsousis, is said to have been offered stery the
      use of their Psalms by HTM for his up coming edition of the
      Septuagint Psalms. For those interested in more information go to:
      www.PeterPapoutsis.com

      Another project is the Millenium project. From what I have been able
      to find out, the Book of Revelation has been translated and is
      available for purchase. The people responsible for this translation
      are Rev.Mark B. Arey and Rev. Philemon D. Sevastiades.

      Nathaniel Woon