Re: Beatitudes

    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 21 6:08 PM
      Fr. Daniel Swires wrote:

      "I'm in the OCA, and no, the St. Tikhon's calendar does not even
      mention them. I have the ODS, and it does give notes about these on
      the various days, but there is no general guideline and no table."

      They have set outlines for different ranks of services. You just
      have to figure out the rank of a given service, and take into account
      any service combinations that come into play.

      -Fr. John Whiteford
    • Fr. Daniel Swires
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 22 3:49 AM
        Fr. John wrote:

        > They have set outlines for different ranks of services. You just
        > have to figure out the rank of a given service, and take into account
        > any service combinations that come into play.

        Yes, I understand that. But, that wasn't what I was asking. I still think
        table would be an immense help to Readers.

        Fr. Daniel
      • Nicholas Mitchell Bailey
        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 3, 2004
          The Beatitude verses for services from the Menaion may be found in most
          services published by Saint John of Kronstadt Press, with rubrics indicating
          how many verses from which ode. I have been using this resource for almost
          fifteen years.
          --
          Reader Nicholas Bailey
          St. Gregory the Theologian Orthodox Church (OCA)