Re: [orthodox-readers] Printed Reader Service Horologion

    Message 1 of 14 , Aug 2, 2003
      James Morgan wrote:

      > Might also include rubrics for reading epistle and
      > gospel, as they do in
      > Alaska. (I have heard that they have a new edition
      > of the Obednitsa, but I
      > have not seen it.)

      I would be interested in knowing what rubrics they
      include. What I have done up until now is simply
      refer to the variable portions page for that
      information.

      =====
    • Elizabeth A Bezzerides
      Message 2 of 14 , Aug 2, 2003
        Dear Fr. John,

        Would it be possible to make both available -- a version to download and
        a bound version?

        A downloaded version would allow for the addition of music if someone or
        a community were so inclined. As different communities have differing
        musical resources, being able to fit local needs is important. That
        would save the need to photocopy and scan or to re-enter entire services
        in order to add liturgical tones, etc.

        Thank you.

        Fr. John Whiteford" <frjohnwhiteford@...> wrote:Hello folks,

        Message 3 of 14 , Aug 3, 2003
          --- Elizabeth A Bezzerides wrote:
          > Dear Fr. John,
          >
          > Would it be possible to make both available -- a
          > version to download and
          > a bound version?

          Everything that I have in a final form is already
          available online:

          Anything I print would have some slight format
          difference due to the needs of printing, but nothing
          which would not be made available for free on the web.

          =====
        • orthodox_raphael
          Message 4 of 14 , Nov 11, 2003
            --- In orthodox-readers@yahoogroups.com, "Fr. John Whiteford"
            <frjohnwhiteford@y...> wrote:

            > Anything I print would have some slight format
            > difference due to the needs of printing, but nothing
            > which would not be made available for free on the web.

            Father Bless!

            Have you decided whether or not to print a Reader's Service
            Horologion?

            Peace,
            Christ's Sheep Raphael
            Message 5 of 14 , Nov 11, 2003
              In the long run, yes. In the short run, I am planning
              on publishing individual services in booklet format,
              starting with an expanded typika booklet (typika plus
              a lot of instructional stuff).

              -Fr. John

              =====