Re: [orthodox-readers] Printed Reader Service Horologion

    Message 1 of 14 , Aug 2, 2003
      Alban Mosher wrote:

      > Just one quick question, do you think that such a
      > book should include the variations based on
      > different typicons, i.e. Greek and Russian? After
      > all, not all isolated Orthodox Christians are
      > exclusively of the Russian or Greek traditions.

      I try to make note of Greek variations when I am aware
      of them. But in the case of typica, I believe the
      Greek practice would be to simply do Typika according
      to the order found in the Horologion, which would not
      include the beatitude verses, the troparia, the
      Prokimena and Alleluia verses, or the Gospel and
      Epistle readings. Given that, in this case, I prefer
      to stick to the Old Rite order, so that as much is
      included as possible.

      =====
      Message 2 of 14 , Aug 2, 2003
        James Morgan wrote:

        > Might also include rubrics for reading epistle and
        > gospel, as they do in
        > Alaska. (I have heard that they have a new edition
        > of the Obednitsa, but I
        > have not seen it.)

        I would be interested in knowing what rubrics they
        include. What I have done up until now is simply
        refer to the variable portions page for that
        information.

        =====
      • Elizabeth A Bezzerides
        Message 3 of 14 , Aug 2, 2003
          Dear Fr. John,

          Would it be possible to make both available -- a version to download and
          a bound version?

          A downloaded version would allow for the addition of music if someone or
          a community were so inclined. As different communities have differing
          musical resources, being able to fit local needs is important. That
          would save the need to photocopy and scan or to re-enter entire services
          in order to add liturgical tones, etc.

          Thank you.

          Fr. John Whiteford" <frjohnwhiteford@...> wrote:Hello folks,

          Message 4 of 14 , Aug 3, 2003
            --- Elizabeth A Bezzerides wrote:
            > Dear Fr. John,
            >
            > Would it be possible to make both available -- a
            > version to download and
            > a bound version?

            Everything that I have in a final form is already
            available online:

            Anything I print would have some slight format
            difference due to the needs of printing, but nothing
            which would not be made available for free on the web.

            =====
          • orthodox_raphael
            Message 5 of 14 , Nov 11, 2003
              --- In orthodox-readers@yahoogroups.com, "Fr. John Whiteford"
              <frjohnwhiteford@y...> wrote:

              > Anything I print would have some slight format
              > difference due to the needs of printing, but nothing
              > which would not be made available for free on the web.

              Father Bless!

              Have you decided whether or not to print a Reader's Service
              Horologion?

              Peace,
              Christ's Sheep Raphael
              Message 6 of 14 , Nov 11, 2003
                In the long run, yes. In the short run, I am planning
                on publishing individual services in booklet format,
                starting with an expanded typika booklet (typika plus
                a lot of instructional stuff).

                -Fr. John

                =====