Re: [orthodox-readers] Reader vestments

  • Reader Michael J. Bishop
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 20, 2003
      Yes, I am. In fact, I had one which was destroyed in a fire on Halloween. I
      have a couple of address where they can be obtained. For more information,
      write to me at Reader@... so that I will see your response.

      Reader Michael

      --
      Reader Michael J. Bishop
      918 St Paul St

      Personal web site: http://www.Michael-Bishop.com and
      http://www.ReaderMichael.com

      E-mail for personal messages: Reader@... or
      Arch@...
      E-mail for lists: Michael.J.Bishop@...

      Baltimore Orthodox web site: http://www.BaltimoreOrthodox.org
      Washington Orthodox web site: http://www.WashingtonOrthodox.org
    • Theophan
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 21, 2003
        I can't find this in my old emails, so I'm probably wrong on this, but it
        seems to me that I read a discussion in which whether readers appropriately
        wore skoufias or not depended on their jurisdiction, or perhaps even their
        bishop. I believe that in some contexts, at least, they are not just
        something to keep the head warm, but they signify something, that they are
        "awarded" in certain contexts by a bishop. Again, I may be completely wrong
        on this, so don't trust me on it! <smile>

        Surely if the question is what is appropriate for a reader to wear, the best
        recommendation would be asking the bishop who tonsured you a reader! It
        surely would be uncomfortable to discover that your particular bishop does
        NOT consider it appropriate for a reader to wear a skoufia unless
        specifically directed to do so, only when the bishop observes you wearing
        one...