Chanting Kanons

  • Subdeacon Randolph (Petro) Brown
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 3, 2002
      Glory to Jesus Christ!
      Dear Readers, how do you all generally chant the Kanons when you are
      reading them solo, for example at Small Compline, Kanon to the
      Trinity at Mesonycticon, etc.? I have been taught that it should be
      recto tono if being done by one reader including the responses to the
      troparia (most holy Theotokos, save us, etc.). Your input is
      appreciated.

      Subdeacon Petro, a sinner
    • Glen Thurman
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 4, 2002
        Subdeacon Petro,

        I couldn't help but notice from your email address that you are in
        Kansas. What parish are you with?

        In Christ,
        Subdeacon Tikhon
        SS Peter & Paul -- Topeka, KS