Doxastikon

  • RDM
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 19 6:17 PM
      Glory to God! Glory Forever!

      I've never posted here before, but a question has arisen amongst some friends, and posting on a Facebook group I run for Eastern liturgics has proven fruitless.

      The question is: What exactly shows the ranks of the saints' feasts? I've seen keys to symbols in horologia, but I've never seen the symbols discussed. I have the Unabbreviated Horologion, the BDW (my usual daily book), and several Greek- and Arabic-language books, and I can't seem to tell for the life of me. I compose a file weekly for weekday Vespers and I've simply been including a doxastikon for every saint, as I have anyway since I never knew not to.

      Anybody know how to tell?
    • Gary Chrysler
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 19 6:59 PM
        You will find a document that should answer you question on the ranking of the feasts at this site:
        http://dowama.org/content/typikon%c2%a0

      • Rex Mauriello
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 19 7:11 PM
          Beautiful! Now all I have to do is stare at the "Canons" row. I've been saying a whole canon for whatever saint is being commemorated and only dividing it by sections of three if there is more than one in an attempt at balance.

          I'll give it a try to use when I compose next week's services.

          Thank you so much!