Urban Mission June 20-24 St. Raphael Orthodox Church, Detroit Michigan

  • Dcalvert
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 13, 2012
      In June 2012, St. Raphael church is hosting a hands-on missionary
      retreat to
      take on that very question. Held at the St. Andrew Center in Detroit,
      the
      retreat will focus on the church's mission and ministry to those in need
      right
      here in our own back yard.

      For high school, college, and adult Orthodox Christians and catechumens.

      The faithful will stay in the historic St. Andrew Center in Detroit,
      Michigan,
      and pray and worship together, share meals, and fellowship. We will
      receive
      practical instruction in the Church's mission and ministries for those
      in need,
      and work together on some projects in the neighborhood.

      Many of our youth and adults hunger to experience missionary work
      firsthand, but
      only a small portion are able to go abroad. While there is important
      work to be
      done here as well as overseas, our suburban parishes find little direct
      exposure
      to our urban and rural poor and to the homeless. Located in Detroit, the
      annual
      St. Raphael of Brooklyn URBAN MISSION week provides an opportunity to
      not only
      learn about missions in an Orthodox Christian context but to participate
      in
      outreach here in our own back yard.

      Join us for what is sure to be a unique experience.

      For more details, visit us online at

      http://www.straphaeldetroit.org/urbanmission2012.html
      <http://www.straphaeldetroit.org/urbanmission2012.html>