Re: Learning aids

  • pravoslavney
    Message 1 of 15 , Feb 24, 2010
      Here are a few resource links for Orthodox Church music:

      http://www.seminaria.ru/raritet/irmology.htm

      http://www.stjohnthebaptist.org.au/audio/index.en.html

      http://www.stanthonysmonastery.org/music/IndexM.html

      http://theologian.org/chant/

      http://aggreen.net/liturgics/services.html

      http://www.troparion.narod.ru/

      I have some others but are in Russian only.

      Rdr Timotrhy Tadros

      It would help to know what style of music your looking for Byzantine or Russian?

      --- In orthodox-readers@yahoogroups.com, "ireneolinyk@..." <ireneolinyk@...> wrote:

      > Contact Holy Trinity Seminary in Jordanville, NY. I think they have cantor's courses.
      >
      > --------
      >

      > > > Hello all,
      > > >
      > > > At the encouragement of my priest, I have just started to learn how to
      > > > chant.
      > > > o far he tells me I sound much too Roman. An on-line friend who is also a
      > > > riest but overseas thought that the OCA or other American group had tapes
      > > > or
      > > > vds the help folks learn to chant. Have any of you heard of these or know
      > > > the
      > > > ource? I'd be very thankful! I am sure my priest would be also.
      > > >
      > > > Mike

    • Michael McBride
      Message 2 of 15 , Feb 24, 2010
        Thank you so very much.  We are most definitly Russian.  I am in an Alakan parish and we are rooted strongly in that tradition.  Personally, I love Byzantine, but Father has asked me to focus only on the Russian for now.
         Mike McBride

        O God do not leave me. I have done nothing good in your sight, but according to your goodness, let me now make a beginning of good. - Abba Arsenius