Re: First impression of St. Tikhon's Apostol

  • natwoon
    Message 1 of 14 , Jul 12, 2009
      Symeon and Fr. John,

      Thanks for the review of the Apostol. I hope to obtain one soon.

      Regards,

      Nathaniel in Malaysia
    • natwoon
      Message 2 of 14 , Jul 20, 2009
        Deal all,

        I've just received a copy of the Apostol and it is THE heaviest liturgical book I have ever handled in my life... I wish there were rubrics in red - but will have to live with what is available. The text seems to read quite smoothly - form the few parts that I treid reading aloud and chanting.

        I am looking forward to seeing the Gospel book by STS

        Nathaniel in Malaysia
      • Steve Robinson
        Message 3 of 14 , Jul 20, 2009
          Ah... you must not have the unabridged Great Horologion yet.
          If you work out with the Apostol you'll be able to handle it in a couple years. :)
          Sdn. s-p

          Message 4 of 14 , Jul 21, 2009
            Hi Steve,

            If u mean the HTM Great Horologion, you are right, I have not had to work with that volume yet... I've seen it though as a friend donated a copy to the parish in Singapore. It is heavy but very beautifully produced.

            It's according to the Greek/Byzantine yypikon though so not that useful for a parish using the Russian typikon I presume?

            These books are just too costly to order and I normally have them ordered thru folks who go to the States. International shipping rates are really too expensive.

            Nathaniel in Malaysia