Slavonic Hours

  • Tim Andrews
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1, 2009
      I am trying to locate an audio copy of The Hours in Slavonic to listen
      to. Would anyone here know if one exists and where I'd be able to find
      it?

      Many, many thanks,
      Reader Timothy Andrews
    • Symeon
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 2, 2009
        Tim Andrews wrote:
        > I am trying to locate an audio copy of The Hours in Slavonic to listen
        > to. Would anyone here know if one exists and where I'd be able to find
        > it?

        Reader Timothy,

        I don't know *why* you're listening, but in my case it was to help learn
        Church Slavonic in the first place, and to read the hours on kliros
        eventually. To *that* end, I found the Trisagion bits in the Church
        Slavonic E-Tutor at <http://orthodoxepubsoc.org>, and the Psalms, I
        believe, at <http://blagovest.org.ru/modules/audio> -- although I'm
        having trouble with that URL right now. The rest of the prayers I
        generally picked-up on my own.

        Let us/me know if you find anything more along these lines: I'm still
        trying to learn how to grock this language.

        /Symeon Noon
        ROCOR, Monterey, California