Need Urgent Help Tonight

  • sustain_ability@123mail.org
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 6, 2008
      Hello,

      I'm preparing hard copies for individual readers for the (new style)
      Dec. 24 Vesperal Liturgy. The second set of readings contains this
      excerpt:
      5. Jeremiah (Baruch 3:35-4:4).

      I can't find this on my usual Bible server (http://www.bibleserver.com),
      KJV.

      TIA,
      Rdr. George/Yuri

      unladen european swallow
    • John Congdon
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 6, 2008
        RSV:
        This is our God; no other can be compared to him! He found the whole way to knowledge, and gave her to Jacob his servant and to Israel whom he loved. Afterward she appeared upon earth and lived among men. She is the book of the commandments of God, and the law that endures for ever. All who hold her fast will live, and those who forsake her will die. Turn, O Jacob, and take her; walk toward the shining of her light. Do not give your glory to another, or your advantages to an alien people. Happy are we, O Israel, for we know what is pleasing to God.

        KJV:
        This is our God, and there shall none other be accounted of in comparison of him. He hath found out all the way of knowledge, and hath given it unto Jacob his servant, and to Israel his beloved. Afterward did he shew himself upon earth, and conversed with men. This is the book of the commandments of God, and the law that endureth for ever: all they that keep it shall come to life; but such as leave it shall die. Turn thee, O Jacob, and take hold of it: walk in the presence of the light thereof, that thou mayest be illuminated. Give not thine honour to another, nor the things that are profitable unto thee to a strange nation. O Israel, happy are we: for things that are pleasing to God are made known unto us.

        (RSV accessed through http://quod.lib.umich.edu/r/rsv/; KJV accessed through http://quod.lib.umich.edu/k/kjv/)

        Hope this helps.

        In XC,
        Sdn John
        sustain_ability@... wrote:
        Hello,

        I'm preparing hard copies for individual readers for the (new style)
        Dec. 24 Vesperal Liturgy. The second set of readings contains this
        excerpt:
        5. Jeremiah (Baruch 3:35-4:4).

        I can't find this on my usual Bible server (http://www.bibleserver.com),
        KJV.