Re: [orthodox-readers] Horologion Typika

    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 1, 2008
      The Horologion has Typika as it is appointed when the Typikon calls for it to be done.  At those times Typika is served whether or not you have a priest, bishop, or a Patriarch present.

      The Reader service Typika is done when a liturgy is appointed by the Typikon, but a liturgy cannot in fact be served because you do not have a priest or cannot otherwise serve the usual liturgy.

      My source for the order I use is Bishop Daniel's Reader Service Typikon, which was translated by Fr. George Lardas.

      Fr. John Whiteford

      St. Jonah Orthodox Church

      Blog: http://fatherjohn.blogspot.com/