St. Andrew House establishes fund to defray Alaskan travel costs

  • deancalvert2202
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 7, 2008
      April 07, 2008
      Feast Day of St. Tikhon, Patriarch of Moscow and Apostle to America

      FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
      CONTACT: Dean Calvert 248 624 1222/dcalvert@...

      *** Release ***

      St. Andrew House establishes Fund to defray Alaskan clergy travel costs

      Group will match the first $10,000 of donations collected by Pascha

      Detroit: Recognizing the need caused by the tremendous cost of travel
      involved for our Orthodox brethren in Alaska St. Andrew House Center
      for Orthodox Christian Studies hereby offers to match any and all
      donations, up to $10,000, made by Pascha (April 27, 2008), for the
      purpose of defraying flight costs for those clergy in Alaska wishing
      to travel from outlying areas to meet with Archbishop Nathaniel and
      Bishop Tikhon during their fact finding in Alaska.

      We are both honored and humbled to be able to extend a helping hand in
      this time of need to our Orthodox brethren in Alaska, the birthplace
      of Orthodoxy in North America and the home of many of the saints of
      North America. Please accept our humble offering to His Church.

      To all of you in "the lower 48" who have asked St. Andrew House over
      the years how you can support our efforts the time is now! We appeal
      to you to join us in this worthwhile endeavor.

      To donate, please visit our website at www.orthodoxdetroit.com or
      send a check to:

      St. Andrew House Center for Orthodox Christian Studies
      23300 Davison Avenue
      Detroit, Michigan 48223

      Checks should be made payable to "Center for Orthodox Christian
      Studies Alaska"

      All funds collected will be held by St. Andrew House, and will be used
      to reimburse travel expenses upon the approval of Archbishop Nathaniel
      and/or Bishop Tikhon.

      St. Andrew House is a Pan Orthodox organization dedicated to Orthodox
      Unity in North America. The mission of the Center is to promote the
      Orthodox Christian faith by word and example, through formal
      instruction, worship and good works. The Center exists to serve the
      Orthodox clergy and faithful of the metro Detroit area, and to be a
      symbol of the unity of the faith.

      Contact:
      Dean Calvert, Treasurer
      St. Andrew House Center for Orthodox Christian Studies
      23300 Davison Avenue
      Detroit, MI 48223
      Tel: 248 624 1222 Email: dcalvert@...