kathisma for great vespers

  • Joseph Rice
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 4, 2007
      I know that the kathismas for vespers vary each day, but is this for daily vespers only? For Great Vespers during the week, such as for a Feast day or, for example, St Nicholas this week (new calendar), is the First Kathisma sung?

      Rdr Joseph Rice
      St John Chrysostom Orthodox Mission
      Columbus, GA
      www.stjohnocachurch.org

    • Rd. Andreas MacLean
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 4, 2007
        At Great Vespers for feasts of the Panagia and celebrated saints that fall
        on Tuesdays through Fridays, we read only the first stasis of the first
        kathisma.

        In Christ,
        Reader Andreas