Re: Liturgical Apostol

  • John Congdon
    Message 1 of 6 , May 9, 2007
      Christ is Risen!

      Try emailing St Tikhon's Seminary bookstore at
      bookstore@... -- they may be able to help you out.

      See also http://www.stspress.com/detail.aspx?ID=509

      In XC,
      Sdn John

      --- In orthodox-readers@yahoogroups.com, "futopillow2000"
      <andmorg@...> wrote:

      > Sorry for my confusing terminology.
      >
      > Yes, I am after an epistle book arranged into readings that follow
      > the Slavonic Typikon.
      >
      > I am aware of the one from St. Tikhon's Seminary Press but it
      appears
      > out of print and have not been able to find one.
      >
      > In Christ,
      > Andrew, Sydney Australia
      >

      > --- In orthodox-readers@yahoogroups.com, "John M. Black"
      > <johnmblack@> wrote:
      > >
      > > The confusing thing here is the terms "Slavonic Practice"
      > and "Slavonic
      > > Calendar".
      > >
      > > Do you mean, an epistle book arranged into readings that follow
      the
      > usual
      > > Sabbite (Slav) typicon? Or, by "slavonic calendar" do you
      > mean "old" or
      > > Julian calendar?
      > >
      > > St. Tikhon's Seminary Press has an excellent Apostol with clear
      > pericope
      > > numbering to coincide with the slav typicon's numbering system,
      and
      > also to
      > > go along with the Rubrikon they also publish. It is "new"
      calendar
      > dates,
      > > though.
      > >
      > > -John
      > >

      > > On 5/7/07, futopillow2000 <andmorg@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Christ is Risen!
      > > >
      > > > I have another confused beginner question I hope someone can
      help
      > me
      > > > with.
      > > >
      > > > I have been unable to source an Epistle book in line with
      Slavonic
      > > > practice (in English of though). I have settled for a copy of
      the
      > > > Epistle Lectionary. On the SJKP website they state about this -
      "A
      > > > note of caution: those following the Slavonic calendar will
      need
      > > > do some "lookup", facilitated by good indexing."
      > > >
      > > > Anyone able to shed any light on what the differences might be
      and
      > > > what I need to do to work with this edition?
      > > >
      > > > Also, if anyone knows of a copy of the Apostol that is now out
      of
      > > > print lying around anywhere I would be most gracious of the
      > knowledge.
      > > >
      > > > In Christ,
      > > > Andrew, Sydney Australia_,___

      readers;_ylc=X3oDMTJlMWdsOG0zBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzU0NTczNTEEZ3Jwc
      > 3BJZAMxNzA1MDc0NTk4BHNlYwN2dGwEc2xrA3ZnaHAEc3RpbWUDMTE3ODU5NTc0OQ-->

    • Alexander Vallens
      Message 2 of 6 , May 9, 2007
        Dear group:

        Please make note of the following, which I received from the editor of the
        STS Apostol:

        Deacon Alexander - could you please reply to the group orthodox-readers
        group that the STOTS Apostol is currently being revised and updated and
        the 2nd Edition will be published in the near future.
        Sergei Arhipov, ed.

        With love in Christ,
        DnAV

        On 5/9/07, John Congdon <subdeaconjhcc@...> wrote:

        > Christ is Risen!
        >
        > Try emailing St Tikhon's Seminary bookstore at
        > bookstore@... -- they may be able to help you out.
        >

        > See also http://www.stspress.com/detail.aspx?ID=509
        >
        > In XC,
        > Sdn John

      • James Morgan
        Message 3 of 6 , May 9, 2007
          You didn't want one anyway. There were a lot of typos in it. I think they
          are preparing a New Revised Standard Apostol! I hope they put a stronger
          binding on, and bigger sturdier ribbons.
          Ours have just about worn out.

          Rdr. James
          Olympia, WA