656Solicitation for articles and editors

  • andrew@chrysostom.org
    Feb 8, 2005
      Dear in Christ,

      I thought perhaps some of you might be interested in taking a look at the
      following website and perhaps contributing:

      http://www.orthodoxwiki.org/

      For those of you familiar with Wikipedia (http://www.wikipedia.org/), this
      is an Orthodox Christian project based on those lines. It's still very
      much in developmental stage (something which is perpetually true of all
      wikis, which tend to be ever-expanding), but there's lots that may be
      accomplished, and of course the potential is immense. (And also because of
      the public domain nature of Wikipedia, you can feel free to lift material
      about Orthodoxy from there as a starting point.) The site is run by an
      OCA priest in the Diocese of the Midwest.

      For those of you who aren't familiar with this medium, a wiki (as it
      usually gets implemented) is an encyclopedic-style resource maintained as
      a website which is easily editable by anyone with an Internet connection.
      OrthodoxWiki has the potential to be a massive compendium of information
      about Orthodoxy, whether historical, liturgical, artistic, ecclesiastical,
      biographical, etc.

      So, if you care to, check the site out, click around, explore, and
      contribute.

      If you've been to OrthodoxWiki before but haven't taken a look lately,
      we've significantly updated and expanded the site, so be sure to have a
      gander!

      Yours in Christ,

      Rdr. Andrew

      --