Paper Flowers

  • athomemom56
    Message 1 of 2 , May 2, 2002
      Hi, I am glad I found this group. I have tried origami in the past
      and had some trouble figuring it out. Anyway, I saw a beautiful
      origami floral (paper) bouquet at work. They were lilies (I think).
      The blossoms were white with a yellow stamem shooting out and a green
      stem and long leaf (?). It is so pretty. I went to the library and
      found some patterns, but they were all missing something and that is
      directions for making your own paper stems and stamens and leaves.
      Most of the books have instructions for stems made of floral tape.
      The stems on the ones I like are made from green paper rolled like a
      paper drinking straw. Does anyone know what iam talking about. I am
      trying to explain as best I can. No floral tape or wires are used.
      EVERYTHING is made from paper.
      Barbra
    • zamir1119
      Message 2 of 2 , May 2, 2002
        The book Origami Flowers (Dover) by James Minoru Sakoda, is a great
        source of folded stems and leaves. And as he points out in the
        books's introduction, Eric Kennaway's The Complete Origami also shows
        how to fold stems. ciao!