tot genoegen

  • Frans van der Grijn
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 8, 2011

      When I was at UHouston, on of the students played Messiaen's bird piece. The recital was on the 60s Reuter with electro-mechanical pistons which were quite metalically noisy.   A critic from the Chronicle was there and in the review he reported that this was one of the most dramatic renderings of the bird piece, going on to state that the registrations were very indicative of bird sounds and the combination action of the organ indicative of someone shooting at them.