Update for 2010-07-13

  • Lana Krakovskiy
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 13, 2010
      Dear Friends,
      I hope those of you enduring hot weather are keeping cool.

      ** Lana Krakovskiy in Free lunchtime concert at St. Ann and the Holy
      Trinity, Brooklyn
      Wednesday, July 14 at 1:10 I will play the restored 1925 Skinner
      organ. Music of Byrd, Bach and Krebs. It's going to be very exciting
      to play some non-traditional registrations on that marvelous
      instrument.
      http://www.saintannandtheholytrinity.org/musicprogram.htm
      157 Montague Street
      Brooklyn, NY 11201-3587
      (718) 875-696

      ** An unfortunate fate met Brooklyn Baptist Temple during the NY heat
      wave. Fire swept through the sanctuary causing serious damage to the
      esteemed Steere organ. Additionally fire destroyed the records of the
      Brooklyn AGO chapter. I find it especially poignant as I was just
      there several weeks ago attending a silent movie screening. That was
      probably the last time the organ was heard publicly before the fire.
      http://www.brooklyneagle.com/categories/category.php?category_id=31&id=36630
      http://www.nycago.org/Organs/Bkln/html/BaptistTemple.html

      ** Church finally gets $325,000 pipe organ

      "A new pipe organ arrived at the First Presbyterian Church in
      Phoenixville, Pa. on Monday"
      http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=news/local&id=7550767

      ** Organ players follow the pipes

      "Church tour part of 3RF until Thursday"
      http://www.journalgazette.net/article/20100713/LOCAL/307139988

      ** For Grand Lake Theater owner, movies must go on

      "We have the Wurlitzer pipe organ playing in the main auditorium on
      Friday and Saturday nights before the feature. I don't think there's a
      first-run theater across the country that is doing that right now."
      http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2010/07/12/DDL01EC491.DTL

      ** Good resource! I didn't know about it until this morning.
      Please visit Sacred Classics, organ and choral masterpieces streamed
      over the Internet since 1983.
      http://www.sacredclassics.com/

      Cheers,
      Lana