Recital Announcement

  • wikueldad
    Message 1 of 1 , May 3, 2008
      Michael Hey, Organ
      May 10, 2008, 7:00pm
      Kenwood United Methodist Church
      Young Artist Series
      Milwaukee, Wisconsin

      Prelude and Fugue in D major, BWV 532 - Johann Sebastian Bach

      Trio Sonata No. 2 in C minor, BWV 526 – Bach
      Vivace
      Largo
      Allegro

      Suite Brève – Jean Langlais
      II. Cantilène - Jean Langlais

      Choral Varié sur le thème du "Veni Creator", Op. 4 - Maurice Duruflé
      Choral
      Variation No. 1 - Poco meno lento
      Variation No. 2 – Allegreto
      Variation No. 3 - Andante espressivo
      Variation No. 4 - Allegro

      ~Intermission~

      Choral No. 3 in A minor - César Franck

      Suite Médiévale – Langlais
      II. Tiento (Offertoire)
      IV. Méditation (Communion)

      Litanies - Jehan Alain

      MICHAEL T. C. HEY is the son of Thomas and Christine Hey and a junior at Waukesha West
      High School of Waukesha, Wisconsin. He began playing piano by ear at age nine and
      began lessons at age ten. At age eleven, Charlotte Villwock, Music Director at St. William's
      Catholic Church, Waukesha, recognized his talent and asked him to serve as the
      accompanist for the adult choir; a position Michael gladly accepted. In May 2002, at age
      12, Michael began organ studies with Sr. Mary Jane Wagner. Since September 2005, he
      has been studying piano with Curtis Stotlar at the Wisconsin Conservatory of Music.

      In the past few years, Michael Hey has performed in many events, including organ and
      piano concerts at churches, colleges, and other venues throughout southeast Wisconsin.
      He has also participated in concerts of liturgical music affiliated with the Archdiocese of
      Milwaukee and the National Association of Pastoral Musicians.

      In June 2006, Michael received the Service Playing Certificate from the American Guild of
      Organists and National Association of Pastoral Musicians. This past April, Michael took
      second place in the American Guild of Organists' Twin Cities Chapter competition. He has
      also performed in master classes with Heinrich Walther of Germany, Dr. Del Disselhorst of
      the University of Iowa, Yoon-Mi Lim, 2005 first prize winner of NYACOP, fortepianist
      Steven Lubin, Jennifer Pascual, music director of St. Patrick's cathedral, New York City, and
      Paul Jacobs, organ department chair of the Juilliard School.

      THE CHURCH is located at 2319 East Kenwood Boulevard on Milwaukee's "East Side," It is
      directly across the street from the UWM Student Union Building and is the first building
      West of the Peck School for the Arts Building. There is a small parking lot. On-street
      parking is available or paid parking can be found in the garage beneath the Student
      Union.

      THE ORGAN is Austin Organ Co. Op. 1628 of 1928 as rebuilt most recently (2002) by John-
      Paul Buzard Organbuilders. IV-59. The console is visible - front and center.

      ADMISSION is free -- a free-will offering will be accepted.

      If you need additional information:

      Church Phone: 414-332-5935
      my church email: musicdirector@...
      my personal email: LLWheels@...

      On a personal note; I have taken the opportunity to listen to Michael rehearse in the
      church and as impressed as I am by Michael's technique -- and it is impressive (and he's
      only 17!!) -- I am delighted by his sense of color and use of carefully-chosen
      registrations. I think this is going to be a wonderful recital and I encourage you to attend if
      you are in the area.

      Larry Wheelock
      Director of Music Ministries
      Kenwood United Methodist Church