Cong. Bridenstine Tax Reform Town Hall [1 Attachment]

  • bill spillane
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 28, 2013

      ----- Forwarded Message -----
      From: Cynthia Canevaro <cindy.canevaro@...>
      To: FAIRTAX_DD@yahoogroups.com
      Cc: Billy Harrington <bdh35@...>; Jeff Hewitt <jeff@...>; "Randy_jarman@... Jarman" <Randy_jarman@...>; Jim Conroe <abbbaok@...>; Becky Sossamon <beckysossamon@...>
      Sent: Wednesday, August 28, 2013 11:34 AM
      Subject: [FAIRTAX_DD] Cong. Bridenstine Tax Reform Town Hall [1 Attachment]

      I think I can safely say that last night's Tax Reform Town Hall, hosted by Congressman Bridenstine and featuring Neal Boortz, exceeded everyone's expectations.  The Tulsa World estimated 1,300, KRMG is quoting 2,000 today and I believe Channel 6 around 1,500.  The real estimate is around 1,500+ with what was estimate to be another 200-300 stuck in massive traffic jams around the center.

      The 3 local TV stations plus the Tulsa World covered the afternoon press conference and came back in the evening for the Town Hall.  The audience was clearly pro FairTax -- and extraordinarily supportive of Cong. Bridenstine and Neal Boortz--giving both several standing ovations.  I was also heartened by the # of younger people in the audience -- Neal noted that too.  I have to say, Neal was outstanding -- arriving at 10am and we didn't stop until 10:30 pm last night.  He was superb and an incredible supporter all day long of the FairTax.Finally, a HUGE congratulations to the District 1 OK FairTax team for knocking this out of the park.  Jeff McIroy built a magnificant visual on the stage showing what 73,000 pages of tax code looked like.  They had a fabulous booth, books, hats, shirts, bumper stickers and most importantly, were warm and welcoming to all.  I could not have been more proud of this team.  My thanks to all.

      Finally, there were 4 key components to why this was so successful.  (1) Congressman Bridenstine committed himself and his staff (and they are outstanding) to the event, it's promotion and the educational value of presenting tax reform education to his constituents.  (2)  Tulsa was and continues to be, even in retirement, one of Neal Boortz' top rated markets.  To say they adored him is an understatement.  When you watch the video and Congressman Bridenstine introduces him, you will see their warm welcome.  (3) KRMG - AM 740 sponsored the event and ran a promotional campaign the likes of which I haven't seen in a long time.  They took ownership and knocked it out of the park.  FYI, KRMG was Neal's Flagship station in Tulsa.  (4) the outstanding work of the OK-1 FT Team.

      Finally, I would add that Rick Couri - KRMG---who was the emcee/moderator -- did a wonderful job of making a tax reform event fun, informative and entertaining.

      It was an honor to be a part of this great event.
      Best regards
      Cindy

      Below is a livestream video of the event (sound is not the strongest, but can definitely be heard).

      And here are a couple of the news stories --

      Channel 6:  http://www.newson6.com/story/23270843/oklahoma-congressman-to-talk-tax-reform-town-hall-in-tulsa

      http://www.newson6.com/story/23270843/oklahoma-congressman-to-talk-tax-reform-town-hall-in-tulsa

      Tulsa World: http://www.tulsaworld.com/article.aspx/US_Rep_Bridenstine_calls_for_tax_overhaul_at_town_hall/20130828_11_A1_ULNSRp466998

      Cynthia T. Canevaro
      Executive Director
      Americans for Fair Taxation (AFFT)
      The FairTax®
      405-760-5434 (cell)

      This message is for the designated recipient only and may contain privileged, proprietary or otherwise private information. If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete the original.  Any other use of the email is prohibited.