"David Walker: "Obama Has 'No Coherent Strategy' For Tackling Deficit Or Creating Jobs"

  • bill spillane
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2011
      David Walker is the former Comptroller General of the U.S.

      Article with video (worth your time):
      http://finance.yahoo.com/tech-ticker/article/535872/David-Walker:-Obama-Has-%22No-Coherent-Strategy%22-for-Tackling-Deficit-or-Creating-Jobs

      If you know what the GAO and Comptroller General are, skip the next two links. If not, it's interesting; Walker is a very significant authority.

      About Walker: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_M._Walker_(U.S._Comptroller_General)

      About 'Comptroller General': http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Government_Accountability_Office

      My comment: Walker has been far too "polite" until now, that is, he has been gently prodding the politicians to fix the mess they have made. Perhaps, now that he has seen what 'polite' gets done, he has attacked the President and the Congress; about time. Good for him.
      Bill S.
      P.S. For FairTaxers: Walker has given lip service (during his 'polite' efforts) to a 'consumption tax', but has not endorsed the FairTax - probably 'too political' for his taste - so far.
      P.P.S. Walker says we have a debt of $50 Trillion; credible authorities say it's really from $130 Trillion to $300 Trillion.