The Fair Tax and the Tea Party

  • Dean Padbon
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 30, 2010
      Dear Bill,

      Just an observation from a long time Fair Tax supporter. The Fair Tax should not be thrown in the kettle with the Tea Party Movement. It needs to stand alone as something that needs to be done for our country, not in connection with any particular political movement. I think you'll loose some followers or uninformed people who might be willing to fight for the Fair Tax, but don't want anything to do with what they might consider a bunch of right wing conservative nuts. I'm not saying that's my opinion of the Tea Party, but it has it's detractors.
      Let's work together for the Fair Tax and that alone.

      Thanks. Just my humble opinion.

      Dean

      To: cafairtax@yahoogroups.com; orfairtax@yahoogroups.com; wafairtax@yahoogroups.com
      From: billspillane@...
      Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 12:41:57 -0700
      Subject: [orfairtax] Rush changes his tune on the FairTax (an More)

      From: Philip Hinson <plh001@...>
      Subject: Re: [FAIRTAX_DD] Rush changes his tune on the FairTax
      To: FAIRTAX_DD@...
      Date: Thursday, September 30, 2010, 11:57 AM

      Roger:
      Very well said - and an excellent segue for a couple of recent Rasmussen polls I came across today (one was just released today) which I wanted to bring to the attention of the recipients of this e-mail.

      Voters Strongly Believe that Most in Congress are for Sale; August 10, 2010
      http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/general_politics/august_2010/voters_strongly_believe_most_in_congress_are_for_sale

      Voters Think Special Interest Money is Key to Political Victory; September 30, 2010
      http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/general_politics/september_2010/voters_think_special_interest_money_is_key_to_political_victory

      The voters are catching on to the game that is being played in Washington and they understand that the extreme partisanship is a distraction from what is really going on on both sides of the aisle.

      Phil Hinson