Oregon Fair Tax Update

  • love_oregon65
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 2, 2005
      Our grass roots Fair Tax movement has been busy behind the scenes.
      We now have a publicity person, Bobbie Godfrey, who will be our liason
      between us and headquarters in Houston for anything that is to be sent
      out to the public. You can contact her at whybob@....
      Dennis Cox will be taking minutes at our meetings and keeping us
      on track. I am looking for a better place to hold meetings. We plan
      on trying to get together every couple of weeks or so.
      Our first press release has been ok'd and is being sent to ONPA
      Press Release Service (www.50states.com/news/oregon.htm. It will be
      then sent to 89 Oregon newspapers plus 24 associate members. If any of
      you see something, please let us know.
      With the holidays looming, it will be more difficult to get
      together. Please any of you, let me know what you are doing, even if
      it's just passing along a book. Which by the way, one has been sent to
      Senator Wu. Bonnie Morris, CC
    • BobbieGary Godfrey
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 4, 2005
        Good job on passing along the info - keeps the pot stirred. I sure hope we
        hear from someone about our press release being printed. Surely out of all
        those papers, you would think a few would have them printed.
        I sent the message to call the President on to my kids and did I
        stir up a hornet's nest. We have a really tough liberal son down in San
        Diego who immediately discounted the premise. He is the one I argued with
        about it before. Another son, Dana (who actually called the President's
        line with his opinion) and I decided to go together and buy Brian(the lib) a
        book, so it went out yest. from Amazon.com. It's very interesting - our two
        liberal sons pooh-poohed the fair tax and the two conservative ones said it
        sounds great. Why does everything have to be split along party lines. I
        told them this was a non-partisan issue. Maybe they just like to be
        contrary. Can hardly wait til Brian gets "the book".
        Bobbie

[...]

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • Douglas Babcock
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 7, 2005
          Bonnie,
          My name is Doug Babcock. I just wanted to let you know I received your
          e-mail and that I have spoken to Rep. Wu at one of his town hall meetings
          and at a restaurant and he seems uninterested in the fairtax. I'm not really
          sure why but something needs to be done to request an in-depth explanation
          of his stance on tax reform.

          Thanks Doug,
          > Our grass roots Fair Tax movement has been busy behind the scenes.
          > We now have a publicity person, Bobbie Godfrey, who will be our liason
          > between us and headquarters in Houston for anything that is to be sent
          > out to the public. You can contact her at whybob@....
          > Dennis Cox will be taking minutes at our meetings and keeping us
          > on track. I am looking for a better place to hold meetings. We plan
          > on trying to get together every couple of weeks or so.
          > Our first press release has been ok'd and is being sent to ONPA
          > Press Release Service (www.50states.com/news/oregon.htm. It will be
          > then sent to 89 Oregon newspapers plus 24 associate members. If any of
          > you see something, please let us know.
          > With the holidays looming, it will be more difficult to get
          > together. Please any of you, let me know what you are doing, even if
          > it's just passing along a book. Which by the way, one has been sent to
          > Senator Wu. Bonnie Morris, CC
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Albert
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 9, 2005
            I live in Congressman Wu's district and the simple response to you, without transgressing PC, is to say that the Congressman is being true to his constituency which is VERY liberal Democrat.
            So, if you want to have any chance of getting his support, it must be couched in terms that liberals find advantageous.

            Albert Waltner - Portland, OR - albertww@...

            http://us.click.yahoo.com/VpgUKB/pzNLAA/cUmLAA/J1EolB/TM

                http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          • Kjeinnob@aol.com
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 9, 2005
                   Doug, I'm glad to hear from you.  We are currently trying to find a place to have a meeting.  We thought we had Elmer's in Hillsboro free, but found out that they want atleast 10 people to have dinner in that room at a minimum of $8 plus gratuity.  I do have that room reserved for the 18th at 6:00, with the meeting at 7:00.  But I am trying to get a room in the community hall across the street from the Beaverton Library for that same date. They require a $50 deposit. Haven't heard from them.  As we need to get notices in the paper, I'm thinking we need to go with Elmer's this one time.  Do you know of a place where we could hold a meeting?  It's so difficult when we don't know the exact numbers.
                   You are not the first person to have talked with Mr. Wu.  Letters have also been sent. I personally sent him a copy of the Fair Tax Book.  I don't know if he has received it yet or if I will get any kind of confirmation from him if he does.  I think he is a lost cause unless we can get a greater number of people behind us.  Please call me if you have any ideas.  Bonnie
              503 357 5029.