Fw: Fw: Why athletes can't have regular jobs.

  • george riggle
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 3, 2010
    Subject: Fw: Why athletes can't have regular jobs.

    These guys will be running our countries in the near future....HELP !!!

    1. Chicago Cubs outfielder Andre Dawson on being a role model: "I wan' all dem kids to do what I do, to  look up to me. I wan' all the kids to copulate me."

    2. New Orleans Saint RB George Rogers when asked about the upcoming season: "I want to  rush for 1,000 or 1,500 yards, whichever comes first."

    3. And, upon hearing Joe Jacobi of the 'Skin's say: "I'd run over my own mother to win the Super Bowl," Matt Millen of the Raiders said: "To win, I'd run over Joe's Mom, too."

    4. Torrin Polk, University of Houston receiver, on his coach, John Jenkins: "He treats us like men.  He lets us wear earrings."

    5. Football commentator and former player Joe Theismann:  "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein."

    6. Senior basketball player at the University of  Pittsburgh : "I'm going to graduate on time, no matter how long it takes." (Now that is beautiful)

    7. Bill Peterson, a Florida State football coach: "You guys line up alphabetically by height.." And, "You guys pair up in groups of three, and then line up in a circle."

    8. Boxing promoter Dan Duva on Mike Tyson going to prison:  "Why would anyone expect him to come out smarter? He went to prison for three years, not Princeton."

    9. Stu Grimson, Chicago Black Hawks left wing, explaining why he keeps a color photo of himself above his locker: "That's so when I forget how to spell my name, I can still find my clothes."

    10. Lou Duva, veteran boxing trainer, on the Spartan training regime of heavyweight Andrew Golota: "He's a guy who gets up at  six o'clock in the morning, regardless of what time it is."

    11. Chuck Nevitt , North Carolina State basketball player, explaining to Coach Jim Valvano why he appeared  nervous at practice: "My sister's expecting a baby, and I don't know if I'm going to be an uncle or an aunt." (I wonder if his IQ ever hit room temperature in January)

    12. Frank Layden , Utah Jazz president, on a former player: "I told him, 'Son, what is it with you? Is it ignorance or apathy?' He said, 'Coach, I don't know and I don't care.'"

    13. Shelby Metcalf, basketball coach at Texas A&M, recounting what he told a player who received four F's and one D:  "Son, looks to me like you're spending too much time on one subject."

    14. In the words of NC State great Charles Shackelford: "I can go to my left or right, I am amphibious."

    15. Amarillo High School and Oiler coach Bum Phillips when asked by Bob Costas why he takes his wife on all the road trips, Phillips responded: "Because she is too damn ugly to kiss good-bye.

    http://www.eset.com