Fw: From St. Joseph News-Press: Storms strike region

  • Judy Scheib
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 3, 2008
      I tried to send this twice today, but it didn't go through so I am forwarding this.
      Judy

      Date: Thursday, July 3, 2008, 11:58 AM

      Judy Scheib sent you this:

      Storms strike region

      http://www.stjoenews.net/news/2008/jul/03/storms-strike-region/

      --------
      Judy Scheib attached this additional message:

      Hi all,
      A wall of water hit Oregon last night and it poured.  The sirens went off for a
      long time, and our lights were out for about 45 minutes so I lit a
      candle...reminded me of last winter's ice storm.  Don and Scott were at the
      south farm picking up big bales and finished in the rain.  It blew some shingles
      off the Methodist Church roof...but I don't know of any tornado damage or
      even where that was.

      Bill Killin said he saw the wall of water when he drove into Oregon last night
      and had to stop because he couldn't see.  He said the clouds were black and
      he saw a funnel cloud in the sky, but he didn't see it touch down.  He said
      they had lights but the house across the street didn't.  A tree fell down
      on Victor Buntz's porch south of the Methodist Church.

      Bob Ripley, editor of the Times Observer, was just here in the office.  He said
      the tornado was spotted west of town, but didn't go down.
      Judy

      --------