Fw: The Yuppie and the Cowboy

  • grriggle
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2007

      From: Bob R.
      Sent: Wednesday, January 31, 2007 2:49 PM
      Subject: The Yuppie and the Cowboy

         Cowboy and the Yuppie

      A Montana cowboy was overseeing his herd in a remote mountainous pasture
      when suddenly a brand-new BMW advanced out of a dust cloud towards him.

      The driver, a young man in a Brioni suit, Gucci shoes, Ray
      Ban Sunglasses and YSL tie, leans out the window and asks the cowboy,
      "If I tell you exactly how many cows and calves you have in your
      herd,will you give me a calf?"
      The cowboy looks at the man, obviously a yuppie, then looks at
      his peacefully grazing herd and calmly answers, "Sure, why not?"
      The yuppie parks his car, whips out his Dell notebook computer, connects
      it to his Cingular RAZR V3 cell phone, and surfs to a NASA  Page on
      the Internet, where he calls up a GPS satellite navigation System to
      get an exact fix on his location which he then feeds to another NASA
      satellite that scans the area in an ultra-high-resolution photo.

      The young man then opens the digital photo in Adobe Photoshop and
      exports it to an image processing facility in Hamburg, Germany.

      Within seconds, he receives an email on his Palm Pilot that the
      image has been processed and the data stored.

      He then accesses a MS-SQL database through an ODBC connected Excel
      Spreadsheet with email on his Blackberry and, after a few
      minutes, receives a response.

      Finally, he prints out a full-color, 150-page report on his hi-tech,
      miniaturized HP LaserJet printer and finally turns to the cowboy
      and says, "You have exactly 1,586 cows and calves."
      "That's right. Well, I guess you can take one of my calves," says
      the Cowboy.
      He watches the young man select one of the animals and looks on amused
      as the young man stuffs it into the trunk of his car.
      Then the cowboy says to the young man, "Hey, if I can tell you exactly
      what your business is, will you give me back my calf?"

      The young man thinks about it for a second and then says, "Okay, why
      not?"
      You're a Congressman for the U.S. Government", says the cowboy.

      "Wow! That's correct," says the yuppie, "but how did you guess that?"

      "No guessing was required." answered the cowboy. "You showed up here
      even though nobody called you; you want to get paid for an answer I
      already knew, to a question I never asked. You tried to show me how
      much smarter than me you are; and you don't know a thing about
      cows...this is a herd of sheep.

      Now give me back my dog."