Daily Readings Monday, March 1, 2010

  • Justin Bohon
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2010

       Monday, March 1, 2010
      Lenten Weekday (Total Consecration - Day 10)

      Daniel 9: 4 - 10

      4
      I prayed to the LORD, my God, and confessed, "Ah, Lord, great and awesome God, you who keep your merciful covenant toward those who love you and observe your commandments!

      5
      We have sinned, been wicked and done evil; we have rebelled and departed from your commandments and your laws.

      6
      We have not obeyed your servants the prophets, who spoke in your name to our kings, our princes, our fathers, and all the people of the land.

      7
      Justice, O Lord, is on your side; we are shamefaced even to this day: the men of Judah, the residents of Jerusalem, and all Israel, near and far, in all the countries to which you have scattered them because of their treachery toward you.

      8
      O LORD, we are shamefaced, like our kings, our princes, and our fathers, for having sinned against you.

      9
      But yours, O Lord, our God, are compassion and forgiveness! Yet we rebelled against you

      10
      and paid no heed to your command, O LORD, our God, to live by the law you gave us through your servants the prophets.

      Psalms 79: 8 - 9, 11, 13

      8
      Do not remember against us the iniquities of our forefathers; let thy compassion come speedily to meet us, for we are brought very low.

      9
      Help us, O God of our salvation, for the glory of thy name; deliver us, and forgive our sins, for thy name's sake!

      11
      Let the groans of the prisoners come before thee; according to thy great power preserve those doomed to die!

      13
      Then we thy people, the flock of thy pasture, will give thanks to thee for ever; from generation to generation we will recount thy praise. ------------------------------------------------------------------------

      Luke 6: 36 - 38

      36
      Be merciful, even as your Father is merciful.

      37
      "Judge not, and you will not be judged; condemn not, and you will not be condemned; forgive, and you will be forgiven;

      38
      give, and it will be given to you; good measure, pressed down, shaken together, running over, will be put into your lap. For the measure you give will be the measure you get back."