<*}}}>< The ant & the contact lens

  • Sue Cifelli
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1 5:08 AM
      The Ant and the Contact Lens: a true story

      []

      Brenda was almost halfway to the top of the tremendous granite cliff.
      She was standing on a ledge where she was taking a breather
      during this, her first rock climb. As she rested there, the safety
      rope snapped against her eye and knocked out her contact lens .

      "Great", she thought. "Here I am on a rock ledge, hundreds of feet
      from the bottom and hundreds of feet to the top of this cliff, and
      now my sight is blurry."

      She looked and looked, hoping that somehow it had landed on the
      ledge. But it just wasn't there.

      She felt the panic rising in her, so she began praying. She prayed
      for calm, and she prayed that she may find her contact lens.

      When she got to the top, a friend examined her eye and her clothing
      for the lens, but it was not to be found. Although she was calm now
      that she was at the top, she was saddened because she could not
      clearly see across the range of mountains. She thought of the bible
      verse "The eyes of the Lord run to and fro throughout the whole earth."

      She thought, "Lord, You can see all these mountains. You know every
      stone and leaf, and You know exactly where my contact lens is. Please
      help me."

      Later, when they had hiked down the trail to the bottom of the cliff
      they met another party of climbers just starting up the face of the
      cliff. One of them shouted out, "Hey, you guys! Anybody lose a contact lens?"

      Well, that would be startling enough, but you know why the climber
      saw it? An ant was moving slowly across a twig on the face of the
      rock, carrying it!
      []

      The story doesn't end there. Brenda's father is a cartoonist. When
      she told him the incredible story of the ant, the prayer, and the
      contact lens, he drew a cartoon of an ant lugging that contact lens
      with the caption, "Lord, I don't know why You want me to carry this
      thing. I can't eat it, and it's awfully heavy. But if this is what
      You want me to do, I'll carry it for You."

      I think it would do all of us some good to say, "God, I don't know
      why You want me to carry this load. I can see no good in it and it's
      awfully heavy. But, if You want me to carry it, I will."

      God doesn't call the qualified, He qualifies the called.

      Yes, I do love GOD. He is my source of existence and my Savior. He
      keeps me functioning each and every day Without Him, I am nothing,
      but with Him....I can do all things through Christ which strengthens
      me. (Phil. 4:13)

      "You Gave Me A Mountain"

      Yes, it's real postage!
      Pentecost on Holy Postage