<*}}}>< The City of God by which men will be converted and fed...

  • Sue Cifelli
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2009
      The City of God by which men will be converted and fed...

      <http://lasalettejourney.blogspot.com/2009/02/city-of-god-by-which-men-will-be.html>http://lasalettejourney.blogspot.com/2009/02/city-of-god-by-which-men-will-be.html

      <http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_NB2lAI4RIvw/SaLk_XCKTwI/AAAAAAAAAaI/YVuONpQznp8/s1600-h/virgin%2520mary3.jpg>
      []

      Joseph Cardinal Ratzinger, in a letter to Marcello Pera several years
      ago, wrote, "Today it is a matter of the greatest urgency to show a
      Christian model of life that offers a livable alternative to the
      increasingly vacuous entertainments of leisure-time society, a
      society forced to make increasing recourse to drugs because it is
      sated by the usual shabby pleasures...The Christian model of life
      must be manifested as a life in all its fullness and freedom, a life
      that does not experience the bonds of love as dependence and
      limitation but rather as an opening to the greatness of life."
      (Without Roots: The West, Relativism, Christianity, Islam, pp. 125-126).

      But how do we effectively achieve this Christian model of life by
      which a pleasure-satiated society will be converted? Only by
      consecrating ourselves to Our Lady will we find the grace and zeal to
      live a life which is appealing to a materialistic and hedonistic
      world. It was St. Louis de Montfort who prophesied, in his True
      Devotion to Mary, No. 48, that, "..great souls filled with grace and
      zeal will be chosen to oppose the enemies of God who are raging on
      all sides. They will be exceptionally devoted to the Blessed Virgin.
      Illumined by her light, strengthened by her food, guided by her
      spirit, supported by her arm, sheltered under her protection, they
      will fight with one hand and build with the other. With one hand they
      will give battle, overthrowing and crushing heretics and their
      heresies, schismatics and their schisms, idolaters and their
      idolatries, sinners and their wickedness. With the other hand they
      will build the temple of the true Solomon and the mystical city of
      God, namely, the Blessed Virgin, who is called by the Fathers of the
      Church the Temple of Solomon and the City of God. By word and example
      they will draw all men to a true devotion to her and through this
      will make many enemies, it will also bring about many victories and
      much glory to God alone...This seems to have been foretold by the
      Holy Spirit in Psalm 58: 'The Lord will reign in Jacob and all the
      ends of the earth. They will be converted towards evening and they
      will be as hungry as dogs and they will go around the city to find
      something to eat.' This city around which men will roam at the end of
      the world seeking conversion and the appeasement of the hunger they
      have for justice is the most Blessed Virgin, who is called by the
      Holy Spirit the City of God."

      The Lord loves this City conceived Immaculately: "The Lord loves the
      city founded on holy mountains, Loves the gates of Zion more than any
      dwelling in Jacob. Glorious things are said of you, O city of God!
      From Babylon and Egypt I count those who acknowledge the Lord.
      Philistia, Ethiopia, Tyre, of them it can be said: 'This one was born
      there.' But of Zion it must be said: 'They all were born here.' The
      Most High confirms this; the Lord notes in the register of the
      peoples: This one was born here.'" (Psalm 87: 1-6).

      And what is this "register of the peoples"? We find an answer in
      Chapter 20 verse 12 of the Book of Revelation: "I saw the dead, the
      great and the lowly, standing before the throne, and scrolls were
      opened. Then another scroll was opened, the book of life. The dead
      were judged according to their deeds, by what was written in the scrolls."

      Of Zion is must be said "They all were born here."* This holy city of
      Zion is the City of God, the Blessed Virgin. We must all therefore
      seek our conversion from this holy City. We must approach this City
      of God if our hunger for justice is to be appeased. We must strive to
      become more and more like this holy City so that our devotion will be
      true. Only then will we be able to offer our sin-sick world that
      Christian model of life Our Holy Father Pope Benedict XVI is calling
      for with such urgency.

      *"Many have proved invincibly, from the sentiments of the
      Fathers-among others: St. Augustine, St Ephem, St. Cyril of
      Jerusalem, St. Germanus of Conantinople, St. John Damascene, St.
      Anselm, St. Bernard, St. Bernardine, St. Thomas, and St.
      Bonaventure-that devotion to Our Most Blessed Virgin is necessary for
      salvation, and that it is an infallible mark of reprobation to have
      no esteem or love for that Holy Virgin while, on the other hand, it
      is an infallible mark of predestination to be entirely and truly
      devoted to her."

      - St. Louis de Montfort.

      <*}}}>< <http://www.halfthekingdom.org/on+allposters+today.html>on
      AllPosters today <*}}}><<*}}}><
      <http://astore.amazon.com/halthekin-20>Catholic on Amazon <*}}}><
      +
      <*}}}>< <http://www.holypostage.com/>Holy Postage <*}}}><
      <*}}}><<http://www.halfthekingdom.org/>Half the
      <http://www.halfthekingdom.org/>Kingdom!<*}}}><

      + "The fruit of abortion is nuclear war" - Bl. Mother Teresa +