Mother Teresa Said...

  • Nadine
    Message 1 of 19 , Aug 31, 2003
      Mother Teresa Said...

      "The joy of Jesus will be my strength --
      it will be in my heart, in every person I meet.
      They will see it in my work, my walk, my prayer -- i
      n everything."

    • Nadine
      Message 2 of 19 , Sep 1, 2003
        Mother Teresa Said...

        "Like Jesus, who submitted Himself to the common law of labor
        and the common lot of the poor, we will not seek any special privileges
        or treatment for ourselves, but be happy to be treated as one of the poor,
        ready to be insulted, ill-treated, refused, blamed falsely,
        or put into all kinds of inconveniences.
        We shall not seek to defend ourselves,
        but leave our defense to the Lord.
        We will not worry about tomorrow
        but will live the present moment intensely
        with complete trust in God."

      • Nadine
        Message 3 of 19 , Sep 3, 2003
          Mother Teresa Said...

          "Free means : Joyful and with eagerness, fearlessly
          and openly, giving freely what we have
          freely received, without accepting any return
          in cash or kind reward or gratitude."

        • Nadine
          Message 4 of 19 , Sep 8, 2003
            Mother Teresa Said...

            "That is why Jesus made himself bread
            to satisfy our hunger for God.
            See the humility of God.
            He also made Himself the hungry one
            to satisfy our hunger for God
            through our love, our service.
            Let us pray that none of us will be unfaithful.
            Let us pray for our poor people.
            They are also hungry for God."

          • Nadine
            Message 5 of 19 , Sep 9, 2003
              Mother Teresa Said...

              "Let us live the life of union with God.
              All our little actions may be offered through the precious blood - through Jesus.
              We have learned that.
              Let us never be satisfied.
              Jesus poured out every drop of blood,
              not just some of it.
              Let us do the same.
              We have to learn to become virtuous.
              We must be full of holy ambition to be the holiest Sister."

            • Nadine
              Message 6 of 19 , Sep 9, 2003
                Mother Teresa Said...

                "If you are humble, nothing will touch you, neither praise nor disgrace,
                because you know what you are.
                If you are blamed, you won´t be discouraged;
                if anyone calls you a saint, you won´t put yourself on a pedestal.
                If you are a saint, thank God;
                if you are a sinner, don´t remain one.
                Christ tells us to aim very high,
                not to be like Abraham or David or any of the Saints,
                but to be like our Heavenly Father."

              • Nadine
                Message 7 of 19 , Sep 12, 2003
                  Mother Teresa Said...

                  "True obedience is a genuine act of love.
                  Obedience makes us practice the other virtues.
                  It likens us to martyrs,
                  for it is a much greater martyrdom to persevere
                  in obedience all through life
                  than to die in a moment by a stroke of the sword."

                • Nadine
                  Message 8 of 19 , Sep 15, 2003
                    Mother Teresa Said...

                    "What am I binding myself to?
                    What am I giving my vow to God about? --
                    I bind myself to God with undivided love.
                    I tell Almighty God, I can love all,
                    but the only one I will love in particular
                    is you, only you."

                  • Nadine
                    Message 9 of 19 , Sep 16, 2003
                      Mother Teresa Said...

                      "To be able to understand chastity
                      we must know what poverty and obedience are.
                      They are like the pillars.
                      If we remove the pillars,
                      the whole building will tip to one side and fall."

                    • Nadine
                      Message 10 of 19 , Sep 17, 2003
                        Mother Teresa Said...

                        "To join the congregation we need few things.
                        We need health of mind and body.
                        We need the ability to lerarn.
                        We need plenty of common sense
                        and a cheerful disposition.
                        I think common sense and cheerfulness
                        are very necessary for a wok like this."

                      • Nadine
                        Message 11 of 19 , Sep 22, 2003
                          Mother Teresa Said...

                          "My vows bind me to my Sister
                          because she is much poorer than the poor outside.
                          If I am not kind and do not smile tro the poor outside,
                          someone else will.
                          But for my Sister there is no one else."