Novena to St. Jean Vianney, Cure of Ars, Day 6

  • sue_stone@stonesneatstuff.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1, 2003
      "In Heaven, faith and hope will exist no more for the
      mist which obscures our reason will be dispelled...But
      love; oh we shall be inebriated with it! we shall be
      drowned, lost in that ocen of divine love, annihilated
      in that immense charity of the Heart of Jesus! so that
      charity is a foretaste of Heaven."- St. Jean Vianney

      Saint John Marie Baptist Vianney because of your love
      of God you showed great charity towards your neighbor.
      You could not preach on the Love of God without burning
      tears of love. During your last years, it seemed as
      though you could not talk about any thing else or live
      for anything else. Thus you sacrificed yourself to your
      neighbor by consoling, absolving and sanctifying them
      to the limits of your strength.
      Your charity inspires me to greater love of God, a love
      which is shown more by acts then by words. Help me to
      love my neighbor generously as Christ loves them.

      O most holy Saint John Vianney, you were a priest who
      was outstanding in pastoral zeal. May priests today be
      filled with that zeal, faithful to their calling,
      refreshed in their labors by the Holy Spirit, supported
      by their fellow workers and appreciated by those whose
      lives they touch. Dear Curé of Ars, pray for us, but
      especially for all priests!

      Holy Priest of Ars, I have confidence in your
      intercession. Pray for me during this novena especially
      for... (mention silently your special intentions).
      Our Father, Hail Mary, Glory Be.

      Regards,

      Sue Stone,
      Stone's Neat Stuff and Emporium